episode 2 - L.I.A.

"I like it."
"You like what?"
"Well ... the ambiance, the food, the conversation, you."
"What a lovely way to convince me to sleep with you."
"Er, a man can no longer praise a lady without ulterior motives?"
"At least, you don’t lie"
"I wouldn’t dare.."
"Oh, you changed your mind?"
"No."
"No? How so?"
"You almost empty the whole bottle."
“I didn’t drink it alone!”
"That's true, that's why I don’t think it's going to happen today."
"Ah, do I have the pleasure of a good old fashion gentlemen presence tonight?"
"No."
"Is the mistress waiting impatiently?"
"No. Still single, for now ... »
"Mother dear?"
"Living alone."
"Right! It's past midnight and I became suddenly ugly? "
“No, no, no!”
“I'm trolling you! Seriously, there is no problem. "
"I know but..."
"But?"
"But I want to see you again"
“Really?”
“I don’t want a one-night stand. Not with you. "
"So? What do you want?”
"More. Much more."
"How about Friday?"
"Eight?"
"Half past eight."

He threw his shoes down the corridor, unsnapping the knot of his tie as he laughed in the dark: "Lia! Light! I’m about to smash my head against the bloody floor! ... »; speaks to himself among silly laughter.
“Tag code.”
He rolled his eyes, unbuttoning the cuffs of his shirt and muttering, "How annoying! I don’t see a fuck!”
“Tag code.”
“L-X-5-4-2-0-3-4-A”; recites by heart with his nose pointed at the blind ceiling.
«-Access approved - Level 5. Good evening Vicente. How was your date?"
“Lia! My lovely Lia, the house is dark!”
“Activate Light mode on. Set 3.”
"Finally."
"Do you wish to have dinner, Vicente?" Says a plausible invisible mechanical voice.
"No, thank you, I already had dinner ... with Marta, finally!" He replied with a touch of complicity.
"I'm glad you had fun, Vicente." pause: "with Marta."
“It was really delightful.”
«-Received 3 calls, 2 reminders and a message.»; interrupts.
"Not even on weekends will they leave me alone?!. Who are the calls? »
"Call: 1) 7.57 PM - Mother. 2) 8:45 PM - Mother. 3) 9.14 PM- Mother. Recall: Meeting tomorrow at 3:00 PM Administration of the Condominium. Game Derbi, tomorrow at 8.45. PM Message 1) Marta: Hello, Again. I’am home. Thanks for the dinner and the whole wine bottle. It was good, I think I want more too. "
“Send message to Mother: Hmm Hello, busy day. I’m fine, talk to you tomorrow, "he says, feeling his face burning red.
“Message sent to Mother.”
“Synchronize reminders to agenda!”
"Pairing complete."
"Anything else? Oh, Marta's message, umm, I don’t have a clue. I don’t know what to answer. “Suggestions? Ideas to make a good impression, Lia?”
“From 1 to 10 how satisfied was Marta's company?”
"A Thousand” Smiles.
«From 1 to 10 how much do you want to repeat the experience?»
"Two Thousand." Laughing.
“From 1 to 10 how much would you  recommend your experience with Marta.”
"Lia!" He laughs as he opens the refrigerator and takes a bottle of water. "I'm thinking of bringing her home. What do you think?"
"You want me to adjust the settings to Marta's taste?"
"What would I do without you, my lovely Lia. Open settings, schedule next Friday.”
“Settings open. Please provide guest tag.”
"Shit. Lia! I don’t know what Marta's tag is! I don’t walk around asking people their fucking tag, alright? Look, you're very cute, could you provide me your tag to regulate the temperature of the water ... They would throw me directly their Prada shoes into my face! "
"Doesn’t Marta work in your office, Vicente?"
«Lia, you smartass fox! Access the information of LusoMecha Technology, employees forum. First Name: Marta! »
“-Results: Marta Andrade. External Consultant.”
"-Bingo!"
“-Tag: L-X-0-5-0-0-1-9-Z”
“- Z? Are you sure, the tag ends with Z? Lia seek the public information."
“-Access Denied.”
“-Lia?”
“-Access Denied.”
“Fuck ... Lia, what does a Z tag means?”
“Category Z - Holders who refute the protocol of L.I.A., A.P.I.A., A.M.I.A. and any interactions with non-biological intelligence. Rejection of any interaction with agents who passed above 85.4% in the Turing test. Personal Data are saved as anonymous."
"What does that mean?"
“Marta does not like robots with singularity activated, Vicente.”
“Lia?”
"My suggestion would be to switch me off on Friday before you leave on your date."

She slowly set foot outside the bed. Is cold. On the floor his shirt from the day before. As she picks up the wrinkled fabric of the night before with her index finger, Marta sits down on the messy bed. Looks around, the room tidy, simple but tasteful decor. There was no regular television or rugs. She gets up, wearing his shirt. He was still asleep. Marta was craving coffee. She begins to walk, guessing at every step the place where each of his things belong. There was no door to push, the kitchen was actually an American stylish one, centered in the living room. Latest projector of its generation, sound integrated, built-in stove in the central table. Practical. Sliding doors on each armoire.
"Fuck, where's the coffee machine?"
A low-pitch beeping began. Over the center table she found his tablet. The word "MOTHER" was flashing on the screen. She was about to put the device back where it was, when she notice the initials on the top right "L.I.A. Off".
Marta looks over her shoulder, the house was terribly neat, no noise. Impeccable cleanliness. There was nothing out of place. 'It looks like a RV room sample.' grunts. With a dry swipe to the right and suddenly an abrupt and audible alarm repeats second by second.
"What is that?" Vicente yells naked inside the kitchen.
"Nothing."
"What do you mean, nothing! I hardly hear myself think, what have you done?
«I  uninstall it.»
"What?!"
«I uninstall it.»
Vicente pulls the tablet out of her hands and looks with complete lack of expression a green bar parading the message Uninstalling L.I.A.please wait ...



Comments